Hi friends! How’s your Monday so far?
I’m back in the lab working on sewing and building prototypes and the like. Super fun. The effervescent Patrick is keeping me company 🙂
So here’s my update for all the training I’ve done over the last 2 weeks……aaaaand yeah. It’s not a lot. Shit happens ya know? The first week, grad school was difficult to keep up with and I was constantly exhausted. Last week, little bro was in town and since I never get to see him, I prioritized.
- Miles run: probably 8? idk
- Miles walked: a lot
- Campuses Toured: 3
- Miles biked: yeaaaaaaahhhhh about that….20? maybe?
- Yards swum: over 3000!
- Flip turns mastered: like 1/4 of them
- Times where I’ve only started running because someone else was on the greenway and I needed to look cool: all the time….16? more?
- Signs high-fived: 6 (I have to high-five a sign before I can turn around on a run….it’s the little things ya’ll)
- Bugs accidentally eaten: stupid gnats
- Bugs purposefully eaten: none, I’m not that gross. yet.
I’m not going to go into much detail like the usual posts about what I did for each workout because I skipped approximately 80% of them. Oops.
I will take the time to remind
myself you guys that it’s ok to let life take over. Seriously. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Unless you are a pro, training isn’t your job. It’s a hobby and you need to prioritize. There’s no use beating yourself up over skipping a week, or two, of training because you needed to focus on other aspects of your life.
Balance is more important than training. Balance your job, family, friends, training, etc. It’s harder than it looks, and I most definitely don’t have it together. Could I have probably made time for training? Sure. But I decided that sleeping and spending time on work/and family was more important. And I definitely don’t regret that decision.
I still feel slightly guilty about missing so much of my workouts, but I’m trying not to let it get me down. I just pick up the training again this week. NBD.
Whelp! Gotta get back to work, so today’s a bit of a short post. Hope you have a great Monday!